On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 02:54:45PM -0700, Nate M wrote:

> > I've done some troubleshooting of my own, and unsure if this is helpful or
> > not, but the process appears to be hanging indefinitely until cleaned up
> > within this section of threads.c (beginning line 1141).  The line in
> > particular it hangs on is the "rcode = ..." line.  I am not enuff of a C
> > guru to know where to go from here though.
> >
> >         re_wait:
> >                 rcode = sem_wait(&forkers[found].child_done);
> >                 if ((rcode != 0) && (errno == EINTR)) {
> >                         goto re_wait;
> >                 }
> >         }

> > Your time and help in troubleshooting this has been greatly appreciated!
> > =)

> Additionally.. I just compiled 2.4.27 kernel on this machine and the problem
> stops.  2.6.5, 2.6.8.1 and 2.6.9 all vomit.  2.6 bug perhaps?

Hmm. It might be an NPTL issue... Try setting the following environment
variable for FreeRADIUS and see if that fixes it:
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
(This _should_ make it run with LinuxThreads, rather than NPTL.)

(See http://people.redhat.com/drepper/assumekernel.html for details of
what LD_ASSUME_KERNEL does.)

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.