-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kostas
Kalevras
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 9:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ldap searching

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Ron Wahler wrote:

> If there are multiple users in an LDAP database with the same login
name
> what is
>
> The default behavior of the ldap module, will it stop at the first
login
> name that
>
> Matches and compare the password ? I assume so.  If I wanted it
>
> To keep comparing all the users it finds in the database until if
either
> passes
>
> Or there is no more entries how would I configure that.

The ldap module expects to find only *one* corresponding entry when
searching
for a user. If that does not happen it returns 'not found' That's not
going to
change, sorry. You could use the ldap_filter configuration directive
and/or
multiple ldap module instances to maybe get what you want.

In any case, what you are describing is probably not the problem but the

solution you imagine would work. Why don't you just describe the problem
you
're facing?

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece