Are you sure that you have the CA certificate you're using with
FreeRADIUS installed on the XP system you're using as a supplicant?
This could be a symptom of XP not recognizing the signer of the
certificate presented in the 802.1x conversation and refusing to
continue authentication.

FYI, here, we're using the ntPassword attribute in LDAP *without* the 0x
in front, and its working fine.  The code will use it either way.

--Mike

--

--Mike