Craig Huckabee wrote:
> Paul Hampson wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 07:04:09PM +0800, Chan Min Wai wrote:
>>
>>> I hope that radius server can talk to the DHCP server and tell the DHCP
>>> server what ip address to be allocate...
>>

>> Write a script in that adds the authenticated client's MAC address and
>> the IP Address you've assigned to the DHCP server's config and reloads
>> the DHCP server. It'll also have to get rid of other stanzas for that
>> MAC address/IP address (trusting rlm_ippool to know what IP addresses
>> are free, which means you need to be getting Accounting packets, I
>> expect.)

Woo That meant when any user login my dhcp server is reloading... WOO,
that is hell a lot of work and If there are multiple users login at the
same time... hehe my dhcpd server will kept on reload without doing
anything good :(

However I found something like this...
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-08.txt

Hopping someone will be able read into it.

>> This assumes rlm_ippool can even work with 802.1x... What does it use
>> for NAS-Port?
>>
>> Put this in an rlm_exec with (wait=1) after your rlm_ippool module.
>>
>> Again, this assumes 802.1x (did I call it 802.11x earlier???) happens
>> before DHCP does. ^_^
>>

> 802.1x turns the physical port on in the case of a wired network, or
> completes the association of a client to a wireless AP in a wireless
> seetup.  The next step is usually your protocol level setup, i.e.
> getting an IP address.
>
> The RADIUS server would normally be out of the loop at the protocol
> level.  You can write a script, or just let the DHCP server give out
> addresses out of a pool, etc.

Write a script? What kind of script doing that?
Anywhere to find them? and what kind of script I'm looking for?

BTW, all the question I'm asking is about Radius with wired network (on
a 10/100 Base-T) And the users I'm looking at is about 100K ~500K ;)

Regards,

Thank You
Chan Min Wai

OCE Sdn Bhd (http://www.ocesb.com.my) MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.