Hello All,

I am using freeradius server 1.0.1 with windows XP
802.1x client. The authenticator is an HP
2524 switch.

I want that a user can be logged on only once and once
the user has been authenticated and authorized and
assigned a VLAN by the RADIUS server, the same
username/password is not authenticated again until the
first user disconnects.

I found this attribute "Simultaneous-USE" in
/freeradius-1.0.1/doc/Simultaneous-Use. Setting this
value to be 1 for a user in raddb/user will disable
simultaneous logons for that specific user. But I am
not sure if I can use this parameter when I am using
PEAP with MSCHAP-V2 for authentication (or EAP-TLS).
It seems that this is more for the dialup usage with
NAS etc. Correct me if I am wrong as my knowledge in
this area is quite limited.

I wonder if I need to set up Radius accounting as well
or not.

Thanks alot in advance and any help will be highly
appreciated.

Khurram