hi,

What is the way to assign IP address,gw, dns to the supplicant ?
The whole problem is that there is no secure way or I dont know such,
to assign IP address to the supplicant in such a way that there is no
way to forge IP address.
MAC bassed approach is flawed 'cause it becomes harder to
track/reconfigure the user every time he changes his ethernet card or
spoof the MAC.
The only almost good solution is some similar way I use in my DOCSIS
network i.e. assign IP address based on the MAC of the cable-modem.

In the LAN world this should be the authenticator (i.e. the switch).
But how this can be done...based on the ip of the Authenticator,
VLANID or what..

On the other hand the combo DHCP-Radius seems too hard to accomplish.
(i mean secure way to set supplicant IP so that it cant be forged,
once client authenticates i.e. the switch port is open it can do
whatever he wants, set manual IP f.e.)

How do u do LAN 802.1x + IP leasing (dhcp,radius,supplicant)

any ideas.. or at least link to further reading... around 100 pages
already printed..;")

I'm not talking for WLAN here but for pure LAN.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html