Hi,

Following line is from the CA.all script provided by FreeRADIUS for generation of certificates:

openssl ca -policy policy_anything -out newcert.pem -passin pass:whatever -key whatever -extensions xpclient_ext -extfile xpextensions -infiles newreq.pem

My question is:

Is the use of "-extensions" here necessary for authenticating a Client to the FreeRADIUS Server using EAP-TLS/EAP-TTLS?

Whenever I use the above-mentioned line in my CA.all script, my Client fails to verify the Certificate chain as sent by the Server.

On the other hand, if I use the following line in the CA.all script instead of the line mentioned above:

openssl ca -policy policy_anything -out newcert.pem -passin pass:whatever -key whatever -infiles newreq.pem

everything works out fine ... Client does not complain of "Verifying failure" as in the first case.

So can we do without "-extensions" or not?

Thanks,
Bilal