Stuart Harris wrote:
MySQL Supports read-only (one way) replication, we replicate all our
live databases (customer hosting, internal, etc...) to a single
backup DB which has a 'live' copy, it doesn't normally have writes to
it, but it can quickly be used to build up a replacement DB that is
current as of the time of departure of a dead server..

The replication of the DB also generates load.

What I'd like to do is move our 'single point of failure' Free Radius
server off a dedicated server and onto to the farm (m00)...

If I were you I'd look for a solutions without single point of failure.

I'd also be interested in ideas of
how I could actually have a continually live radius solution that can
query the 'backup' server if the primary goes down... but queue
accounting until the master is up... (I can hope :P)

To have a redundant setup, you should have 2 radius servers (radA and radB) and 2 DB servers (dbA and dbB).
- radA will work with dbA and radB will work with dbB.
- radA and radB will copy all accounting to each other with radrelay.
- no db replication, so all other processes have to make changes to dbA as well as to dbB.

--
Regards,

Thor Spruyt
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: www.thor-spruyt.com
M: +32 (0)475 67 22 65
Bestel nu uw exemplaar van Operationele verkoop (Walter Spruyt -
Liesbeth Huysmans) via www.salesguide.be Ontdek de Telenet Hotspot
service op www.telenet.be/hotspots