On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Laxman Gajbhe wrote:

Hi,

   I need to setup failover with unix and ldap systems.

   In a failover document from freeradius, it seems easy to setup
failover for authorize section but no way to specify failover for
authenticate section. Once an authorize type is selected it seems that
only single  authentication can be done.

   We have a requirement where If the password fails against one
database, we would like to check against other.

   Is there any configuration that I can setup to achieve this?.

   If not can somebody provide me some pointers to modify freeradius
source code.

I would really appreciate any advice/suggestion in this regard.

I think this should work:

authenticate{
        Auth-Type Something{ <-- the auth-type you 've configured
                redundant{
                        ldap
                        unix

   Thank You!

Laxman Gajbhe

-- Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center [EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece Work Phone: +30 210 7721861 'Go back to the shadow' Gandalf