On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Alexander Serkin wrote:

Kostas Kalevras wrote:
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, jesk wrote:

10,000,000 rows can be a lot depending on your candidate rows for each query and your available memory for caching.

A more scalable structure (which i 'll start using on my installation) is this:

Create a memory mapped table (HEAP type in MySQL) storing only live sessions. That means that on accounting stop we do a delete instead of an update. That way double login detection works with the least overhead while also accounting is fast.
For full accounting we also use a detail file and radsqlrelay (that's the reason i wrote it) to insert accounting directly on the radacct table. Since radius does not need to perform queries on the radacct table and radsqlrelay can cope with sql server delays/downtime we don't really mind that much how big our accounting table gets and we can also perform maintainance work on it without affecting the radius service.

My 0,02E

Well, how do you deal with stop records lost for some reason? There should be some tool to remove these stale records from active table.

dialupadmin/bin/clean_radcct :-)

-- Alexander

-- Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center [EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece Work Phone: +30 210 7721861 'Go back to the shadow' Gandalf