Alan DeKok wrote:
> "Chan Min Wai (System Administrator)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>>CLEAR text passwords are required for EAP-MD5. Crypt passwords will
>>>NEVER work.
>>
>>Anyway to make it work? somehow?
>

>   No.  It's impossible.

I know this have been bugging you From Or since freeradius support LDAP
And I do saw a lot of people are looking for such sultion.

May I know in more technical term why it is not possible?

I know there is no way to get the plain text password back from {crypt}

but I just wonder what is the password send from the EAPOL (Wire MD5).
Is there anyway to make such that this password is hashed in the same
way and product a same password as {cyprt} in the LDAP and we go to
compare that?

I might be wrong in everything and that why I need your explain.

Regards,

Thank You
Chan Min Wai