-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wesley
Joyce
Sent: 30 November 2004 19:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Hello, my first question

Hello all, I am new to the list and new to Radius.  Radius was set up prior
to me.  I am sure I will get a lot of help from here when the docs are not
specific to my issue.

I am using Sun One DS 5.2 as my authentication source and freeradius-0.8-1
on RH Linux.   I did not extend the schema to included the radius object
class.

How can I properly deny certain users or groups from being able to dial in
and establish PPP sessions?
I am a little confused after reading
http://www.freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/rlm_ldap and
http://www.freeradius.org/faq/#5.2.

This is my users file -
stxlib        Password == "******"
                 Service-Type == Login-User,
                 Login-IP-Host == hostname,
                 Login-Service == Telnet,
                 Login-TCP-Port == 23

DEFAULT         Auth-Type := LDAP, Prefix == "P", Strip-User-Name == Yes
                 Service-Type = Framed-User,
                 Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                 Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
                 Framed-Routing = None,
                 Framed-MTU = 1500,
                 Session-Timeout := 14400,
                 Idle-Timeout := 900,
                 Fall-Through = Yes

and the portion of my radius.conf that I think is relevant -
modules {
         pam {
                 # pam_auth = radiusd
                 pam_auth = system-auth
         }
         ldap {
                 server = "ahost"
                 #port = 636
                 port = 389
                 # identity = "cn=admin,o=My Org,c=UA"
                 # password = mypass
                 basedn = "dc=uvi,dc=edu"
                 filter = "(uid=%u)"
                 # set this to 'yes' to use TLS encrypted connections
                 # to the LDAP database.
                 start_tls = no
                 # default_profile = "cn=radprofile,ou=dialup,o=My Org,c=UA"
                 # profile_attribute = "radiusProfileDn"
                 access_group = "cn=DialupUsers,ou=DialUsers,o=uvi.edu"
                 #access_attr = "dialupAccess"
                 # Mapping of RADIUS dictionary attributes to LDAP
                 # directory attributes.
                 #dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
                 # ldap_cache_timeout = 120
                 # ldap_cache_size = 0
                 ldap_connections_number = 5
                 # password_header = "{clear}"
                 # password_attribute = userPassword
                 # Next 2 lines uncommented 20 Mar 2003 -jrl
                 groupname_attribute = cn
                 groupmembership_filter =
"(|(&(objectClass=GroupOfNames)(member=%{Ldap-UserDn}))(&(objectClass=GroupO
fUniqueNames)(uniquemember=%{Ldap-UserDn})))"
                 timeout = 4
                 timelimit = 3
                 net_timeout = 1
                 # compare_check_items = yes
                 # access_attr_used_for_allow = yes
         }
         # Livingston-style 'users' file
         #
         files {
                 usersfile = ${confdir}/users
                 acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
                 compat = no
         }
         detail {
                 detailfile = ${radacctdir}/%{Framed-IP-Address}/detail
                 detailperm = 0600
         }

Thanks for your help

Wesley Joyce

"If you can't explain it simply, then you don't know it well enough. -
Unknown."

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html