> > I have an ISP scenario using freeradius 1.0.1. to
> authenticate dialup
> > customers on our single domain. We use a Mysql backend.
> > We have added a second domain for a national dialup service. A 3rd
> > party providing the POPS will pass radius requests to our
> radius servers.
> >
> > Question:
> > How do I setup the ability to authenticate more than one domain
> > (realm) in freeradius?
> > Desired result:
> > Not only can our original realm authenticate but now
> freeradius should
> > authenticate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> as well.
> >

> > I put this in my proxy.conf file but I'm not sure this is the right
> > thing to do and ti seems to simple to be true:
> >
> > realm powerline.net {
> >         type            = radius
> >         authhost        = LOCAL
> >         accthost        = LOCAL
> > }
> >
> > I gratefully accept any pointers to archived answers/tips (I'm
> > currenty digging as well) I can provide config files if it
> will help.
> >
> > Thanks!!
> > Christian
> >

> So what errors do you get when you try to authenticate the
> user?  Please paste entire radiusd -X output.

([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 1 ~ # service radiusd stop ; radiusd -x
Stopping FreeRADIUS: radiusd.
Starting - reading configuration files ...
Module: Loaded PAP
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded preprocess
Module: Instantiated preprocess (preprocess)
Module: Loaded realm
Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
Module: Loaded SQL
rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #0
rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #1
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #1
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #1
rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #2
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #2
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #2
rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #3
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #3
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #4
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #4
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id
Module: Instantiated acct_unique (acct_unique)
Module: Loaded detail
Module: Instantiated detail (detail)
Initializing the thread pool...
Listening on authentication 209.26.178.8:1812
Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 65.167.179.3:3574, id=1,
length=209
        User-Name = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
        User-Password = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
        NAS-IP-Address = 209.247.22.208
        NAS-Port = 258
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Ascend-Data-Rate = 31200
        Ascend-Calling-Id-Type-Of-Num = Unknown
        Ascend-Calling-Id-Number-Plan = Unknown
        Ascend-Xmit-Rate = 28800
        Called-Station-Id = "4077384022"
        Calling-Station-Id = "4079332394"
        NAS-Identifier = "nas16.orl1.Level3.net"
        Acct-Session-Id = "334467454"
        NAS-Port-Type = Async
        Ascend-NAS-Port-Format = 2_4_5_5
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
rlm_sql (sql): User [EMAIL PROTECTED] not found in radcheck
rlm_sql (sql): User [EMAIL PROTECTED] not found in radgroupcheck
rlm_sql (sql): User not found
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
Login incorrect: [EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (from client TXLink port
258 cli 4079332394)

I see where the user is missing in radcheck and radgroupcheck now. How do I
get this other realm setup and then the users in those proper places?

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html