I'm getting segmentation faults when it tried to load the SQL module after implementing Thor's changes:

bash# radiusd -X
Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
Segmentation fault
bash#

Configuration:

sql.conf:

sql_acct {
        driver = "rlm_sql_mysql"
}

sql_auth {
        driver = "rlm_sql_mysql"
}

radiusd.conf:

authorize {
        preprocess
        chap
        mschap
        suffix
        eap
        sql_auth
}

accounting {
        sql_acct

}

session {
        sql_acct
}

post-auth {
        sql_acct
}

I think the problem has something to do with the sql.conf because if I comment out "$INCLUDE ${confdir}/sql.conf" line in radiusd.conf, I get different errors:

Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
ERROR: Cannot find a configuration entry for module "sql_auth".

FYI: I stripped everything out of the sql.conf in these tests because I wanted to see if I fat fingered something which could be causing the segfaults.

To that end, I have verified that if I drop in an old working config with the above radiusd.conf "sql_[acct|auth]" stuff substituted with just "sql" and use a stripped sql.conf configuration with only this: sql { driver = "rlm_sql_mysql" } in it, the server does load (but obviously complains about not being able to connect to the database).

Developer fellows?  Alan?  Any ideas?

I'm sure the responses will be something like "run against GDB" so in preparation, can someone give me some pointers on how to run this through GDB to get you guys some useful stuff back?