"L.C. (Laurentiu C. Badea)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Freeradius converts the attribute names to make them more like
> standard "sh" variables. It also wraps the string values in double
> quotes, such that echo ${USER_NAME} yields "username".

  The first issue is a result of deciding that '-' is a magic
character to many programs.

  The second issue is probably unnecessary, and should be resolved.
See src/main/exec.c, change "vp_prints_value(..., 1)" to "..., 0)"

  You can also fix src/main/exec.c to NOT uppercase the attribute
names.  It should be pretty easy.

> Xtradius uses Auth-Type = External, freeradius appears to need
> Auth-Type = Accept with an external script. Not a big deal, just
> thought I should mention it because it is somewhat less intuitive
> (since after all, you can turn it into a Reject via exit code).

  So add 'External' as a duplicate name for 'Accept' in the dictionaries.

> May I suggest to have the sample code (prepaid.py, radiusd_test.py
> etc) installed in the doc directory for the rpm packages ?

  Sure.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html