On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Graeme Lee wrote:

I'm trying to implement simultaneous session usage within a PostgreSQL database. The debug of radiusd shows the following on load:

sql: simul_count_query = "SELECT get_simul_sessions FROM get_simul_sessions('%{SQL-User-Name}')"
sql: simul_verify_query = ""

So the query is being loaded into radiusd ok.  However, it never gets called.

My radiusd config for sessions is as follows:

session {
#       radutmp

      #
      #  See "Simultaneous Use Checking Querie" in sql.conf
      sql
}

(and yes there's a typo in the default config file if anyone feels like fixing it)

the function get_simul_sessions(<username>) returns 0 if the user is not over their simultaneous-use limit, and a 1 if they should not log on. Whether this works or not is arbitrary, as the statement never gets called.

Everything else in the database is working perfectly. What have I missed?

Have you set Simultaneous-Use = 1 for the user you 're testing?

Thanks,

Graeme

-- Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center [EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece Work Phone: +30 210 7721861 'Go back to the shadow' Gandalf