Joe Raviele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think I have tried every possible setting to get this thing to work,
> so as requested here are my conf files and logs when I tried different
> settings. I apologize for the long post (its is actually 2, since the
> first got bounced), but I am hoping someone had this problem and will
> catch something that is an easy fix.

  The log shows the TLS session being established, and the server sending
an Access-Accept inside of the tunnel.

> The next log I set users to:
> DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == 1X, Autz-Type := Wireless_Staff
>
> and it fails with   ERROR: Unknown value specified for Auth-Type

  The tunnel is established, and the inner session tries to use LDAP
for authentication, but you didn't list "ldap" in the "authenticate"
section.

  The LDAP module sets "Auth-Type = LDAP" if it sees a PAP password in
the request.  I'm not sure this is the right thing to do.

  You can over-ride this by forcibly setting "Auth-Type := PAP" in the
"users" file, for the tunneled session.  e.g.

#---
DEFAULT FreeRADIUS-Proxided-To == 127.0.0.1, Auth-Type := PAP

#--

  The reason the first authentication session works is that for some
reason the LDAP module is never called.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html