On Thursday 23 December 2004 12:41, Cool Man wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have successfully setup freeradius (version 1.0.1) auhentication. Now at
> the second step I want to limit the user activities in my network. In other
> words I want to authorize the users. Depending upon their authorization
> level I want to assign them a different VLAN.
>
> Now my question is how can I define the authorization levels in Freeradius
> server. Moreover, how can I establish which Authorization level will be
> assigned to  which VLAN.

How you define authorization levels is determined by you and the users
database you have to work with. The method for assigning a VLAN is dependent
on how you have defined the levels, your NAS configuration and what the NAS
will accept from RADIUS (ie, Tunnel-Type, Filter-ID, etc). You will want to
read up on "users", possibly "huntgroups" and other docs, and the manual for
your NAS then decide what is appropriate for your situation.

Zoltan Ori

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html