I have been running FreeRADIUS for over 3 years now and I can say that it
is hands down one of the best pieces of software out there.  I have spent
the last few hours going through the archives, FAQ, etc. and think I know
the answer to this, but would appreciate it if someone can confirm this.

I have FreeRADIUS doing password auth against AD via LDAP.  I have a switch
that allows port based security, but uses CHAP passwords.  From my
understanding, you can do this if the LDAP database has the passwords
stored as clear-text passwords.  You cannot do this with Active Directory
since it does not store the passwords in clear-text.

Am I correct?  Can someone with much more CHAP/LDAP/FreeRADIUS knowledge
than myself confirm this?

Thanks,
Mark Capelle

-