Configure users file, set Default to be Auth-Type == System
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Ertel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Freeradius (E-mail)" <freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 3:37 AM
Subject: freeradius 1.0 and unix style auth.

Hi,

I am new to freeradius. I am simply trying to configure radius to authenticate
against the /etc/passwd file and am not having much luck. radiusd starts up
ok but when testing with NTRadPing my log file shows me:

Auth: rlm_unix [radius]: invalid password

I have a user "radius" in group "radius" assigned password "radius"

Which .conf files need to be altered (at a minimum) to get this type
of auth (which I assumed would be the easiest) working.

I am running freeradius 1.0 on Fedora Core 3

Thank you,

Brian

Brian Ertel
Network Administrator