Dustin Doris wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Oliver Zimmermann wrote:

Hi there,

I hope, someone can point to the right direction.

Some DSL-Modems with factory-default accounts like "guest/guest" pollute
my accounting-logs (nearly 50 % of all login attempts):
Fri Jan  7 09:32:13 2005 : Auth: Login incorrect: [guest/guest] ...
Fri Jan  7 09:32:14 2005 : Auth: Login incorrect: [guest/guest] ...
Fri Jan  7 09:32:15 2005 : Auth: Login incorrect: [guest/guest] ...

I reject this user with an entry in the users file:

guest   Auth-Type = Reject
        Reply-Message = "No Valid Account."

I would like to filter/block these users as early as possible, so they
do not need to be accounted or authorized.

Is there a known method to reject those pseudo users more effectively?

Oliver

Put that line at the top of your users file.

Yes, thank you, the statement is already on top of my users file.
Therefore he is the first user in the list, that is checked and rejected. - What I am thinking of is, whether the auth-Packet can be dropped before it is radius-logged?

Bye,
Oliver