> > On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Dustin Doris wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe you can do groups.  For example, setup an unlimited group
> >> and a read_only group.  Then put the users into the appropriate group.
> >>
> >> Have your users file say something like.
> >>
> >> DEFAULT  Huntgroup-Name == Juniper, Group == "unlimited"
> >>    Juniper-Local-User-Name = "UNLIMITED"
> >>
> >> DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == Juniper, Group == "read_only"
> >>    Juniper-Local-User-Name = "READ_ONLY"
> >
> > This seems like the answer, but I am again being stupid and must be missing
> > something.  When I try to login now, I get authenticated, but the Attributes
> > never get sent back.  Here is what I have defined:
> > DEFAULT Group == "J-UNRESTRICTED", Huntgroup-Name == JUNIPER
> >        Juniper-Local-User-Name = "UNRESTRICTED",
> >     Fall-Through = Yes
> >
> > DEFAULT Group == "R-UNRESTRICTED", Huntgroup-Name == RIVERSTONE
> >        Riverstone-User-Level = 15,
> >     Fall-Through = Yes
> >
> > jfeger  Auth-Type = System
> >        Group = "J-UNRESTRICTED"

> > In the huntgroups file:
> > JUNIPER         NAS-IP-Address == x.x.x.x (I took the IP out in this email)

> > So, when I ssh to the IP of the NAS box and attempt to login, I get
> > authenticated, but none of the attributes are sent back:
> >

> >    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "jfeger", looking up realm NULL
> >    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
> >  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
> >  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
> >  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
> >    users: Matched jfeger at 34
> >  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
> > modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
> >  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
> > auth: type "System"
> >  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
> > modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0
> >  modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns ok for request 0
> > modcall: group authenticate returns ok for request 0
> > Login OK: [jfeger] (from client bb-stlc.jp-01 port 0)
> > Sending Access-Accept of id 10 to X.X.X.X:2315
> > Finished request 0
> >

> > So, what am I missing, or have out of sequence?
> > I have tried taking Fall-Through off, I have tried putting the Huntgroup
> > before the Group....etc...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James

I think that you can't put the group a user is in in the users file.  I
would suggest putting your users and groups into some type of backend like
mysql or ldap.  I believe you could also get what you want in the password
module, with something like what is in the etc_group module in the default
radiusd.conf file.  Or you can use the unix module and store all your
users and groups in /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group.  That would mean
having local users on that machine, however.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html