On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Robert Ulbrich wrote:

> How
> > > based

> and
> > >
> > > I want to simply have one NAS's requests be authenticated, so do I
> put
> > > this information in the radreply table?
> > >
> > > e.g.
> > > insert INTO radreply (id, username, attribute, op, value) values
> > > ('1','10.1.0.9','Auth-Type',':=','Accept');
> > >
> > > ???
> > >

> > The easiest way is to just add it to your users file, as I had shown
> > above.  Just put this on the top of your users file, replacing x.x.x.x
> > with the IP of the NAS you want to accept.
> >
> > DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address == x.x.x.x, Auth-Type := Accept
> >

> I get this in the debug output:
>
> auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
> request: Rejecting the user
> auth: Failed to validate the user.
>
> How do I make radius use the users file?
>
> Thanks.

In the authorize section, you call the files module.  Perhaps you
commented it out?

authorize {
 files

If you commented that out, then you may have also commented out the files
module.  That one looks like this.

        files {
                usersfile = ${confdir}/users
                acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
                preproxy_usersfile = ${confdir}/preproxy_users
                compat = no
        }

That goes in the modules section.

-