Greetings,

I'm trying to setup a very basic radius system that authenticates over
wireless (802.1x).  Everything I have read so far talks about using TLS
and such for authentication.  Is this Mandatory?  My goal is to require
authentication to a linux box with a wireless card (hostap) via 802.1x
just to start, then I'll make it more complex later.  I'm just looking
for the most basic way of making a username/password required to be able
to connect wirelessly to the AP/linux box and gain access to the
network.

Thanks,

--Brandon

-