Just floating an idea...

Is it worth considering adding a "periodic" section to radiusd.conf and
the radius server? Rather than retrofitting reload this, reload that,
functionality into existing functions that are called during the
processing of a request, modules could implement a "periodic function"
that could be called at a configurable period, and possibly only when
the number of requests that the server is currently handling is below
some threshold? This way client lists, proxy lists, etc, could be
updated automatically, without adversely affecting the response times of
single authentication or accounting requests.

I haven't looked at the server code to see how feasible/difficult this
would be, and maybe it doesn't make sense at all... Just an idea! If the
idea floats, I'd be happy to spend some time looking more closely at the
problem, though I couldn't guarantee a delivery date...

Regards,
Mike

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html