Dustin Doris wrote:

Hi,

how can i manage to accept two kind of users:
the first:
  premium, may login from serverA and serverB
the second:
  normal, may only login from serverB

I thought to manage this by huntgroup-file:
################################
huntgroup-file:

premium    NAS-IP-Address == serverA
premium    NAS-IP-Address == serverB
*
*normal       NAS-IP-Address == serverB
################################

But  with this configuration only the premium user
can login from serverB, the normal users are denied!!

Good start, but what's in your users file?  There is more to it, the
huntgroup file only defines what is a huntgroup.  Something else (such as
the users file) will define what to do if someone is in that huntgroup.

The users file looks like that:
user1 Auth-Type := PAP, Crypt-Password == "XXXXXXX", Huntgroup-Name ==
premium
       Service-Type = Framed-User,
       Framed-Protocol = PPP,
       Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
       Framed-IP-Address = 10.10.11.11

user2 Auth-Type := PAP, Crypt-Password == "YYYYYYY", Huntgroup-Name ==
normal
       Service-Type = Framed-User,
       Framed-Protocol = PPP,
       Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
       Framed-IP-Address = 10.10.10.11

and user1 is allowed to login, but user2 is denied, also both login from
serverB.
I am using Freeradius 1.0.1.

You have serverB in both huntgroups. The first one that matches will be used. Therefore, serverB will only be in the premium huntgroup.

Yes I know, because I want the premium people to be able to login at every server, (serverA and serverB).
Looking into the huntfile comming with the sourcecode, the server 192.168.2.5 is in both huntgroups (alphen and business) as well!

I thought the procedure is like that:

The request is arriving, first the username is looked up, then (if) the huntgroup is searched inthe huntgroupe file.
If the huntgroup is found, the IP-Address must match!!
But this looks like if a huntgroup is set, radius is looking for the NAS-IP-Address in the huntgroup file and the first matching IP-Address is taken, and therefore the depending huntgroup!!!

So how can I then manage to have two groups, where the normal users may login from some NAS and the premium users may login from the same and some more!!

thanks
florian

Dipl. Inf. Florian Prester
Network Administration