Hello List:

RH9
freeRadius-1.0.1

First I want to admit that I am a newbie to both LINUX & freeRadius:

I have setup a freshly installed freeRadius serve. I tested this server by
'radtest' and then 'NTRagPing' utility. The freeRADIUS server authenticates
like a charm.

Now I set up a 3Com NAS. When I dial-in, authentication is rejected. To
investigate the problem, I started the freeRADIUS server in debug mode
'radiusd -X'. After looking into output from the RADIUS Server's debug mode,
I noticed the following lines:

rlm_chap: login attempt by "test" with CHAP password
rlm_chap: Could not find clear text password for user test

I believe that the problem lies in the above description. If that is
correct, why the password be clear test? I think somewhere a setting is
missing!! HELP.

Need more explanation, please ask.

Kirti

-