To: <freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: Slow second db on freeradius

Manda Costin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But I found out a bit later that the problem was in configuring the
host of the database as localhost and not 127.0.0.1. When I used the
numeric IP it started immediately. Maybe it's the same problem.

If you don't set up DNS, then the process of mapping names to IP's will take a very long time.

 FreeRADIUS has no control over DNS.  FreeRADIUS *depends* on DNS to
work properly.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html