Hi,

I have setup freeradius-0.9.3-106.6 on SuSE Linux 9.1 for EAP/TLS
Authentication using a US Robotics Wifi AP2249. I followed the steps
described on http://text.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9286052~mode=flat

- CA certs & private key OK
- radius server cert & private key OK
- wifi client cert & private succesfully imported with pkcs12 into WinXP Home
Edition SP1
(all certs are generated by openssl-0.9.7d-15.13)

- wifi AP configured for 802.1x with shared secret (also on radius server):

client 10.123.27.5 {
        secret          = secret
        shortname       = wifi
}

- configured Radius server for tls auth:

eap {
                default_eap_type = tls

        tls {
                private_key_file = /etc/raddb/eapow/eapow_priv.pem
                certificate_file = /etc/raddb/eapow/eapow.cert
                CA_file = /etc/raddb/eapow/ca_cert.pem
                dh_file = /etc/raddb/eapow/dh
                random_file = /etc/raddb/eapow/random
                fragment_size = 1024
                include_length = yes

- WinXP client configured for EAP/TLS using the imported certificate
- created the user in the radius server

When I try to connect my WinXP client to the AP, i can see incoming request
but i get this error:

Sat Jan 29 12:20:41 2005 : Error: Received packet from 10.123.27.5 with
invalid Message-Authenticator!  (Shared secret is incorrect.)

Although the same secret is configured in both the AP and the Radius server.

Any ideas ?

--

Friendly regards,

Jelle Vink