Hi, this our first message to the list. We are trying to deploy a Wireless LAN based on 802.1X EAP-TTLS.

We have have built an authentication infraestructure with the following components:
- A Radius server (Linux SuSe 9.0 + FreeRadius CVS version from March'2004).
- Access Point Aironet 1100 (Cisco).
- SecureW2 EAP-TTLS supplicant (on the client side, over Windows XP).

We have created two VLANS for wireless access: the GUESTs VLAN and the PRIVATE VLAN (with authentication required for our users). We are having some troubles with some laptops (not all) working with XP-SP2, because they only "can see" the GUEST VLAN, but "can´t see" the PRIVATE VLAN. We sniffed the traffic between the client and the AP and we saw the following:
- First, the user tries to get in the PRIVATE VLAN.
- Then the AP answers him, trying to establish the connection and ask him for the authentication information (user and password).
- But in this point it seems like the client can't understand the request and send back null packets; so the AP doesn't validate the connection and the user is sent to the GUEST VLAN.

We are in a mess, because we don´t know if this problem is due to the Wireless NIC of the client (hardware), the drivers, or even caused by the opperating system.

        May anybody help us? Thants to all.

************************************* Francisco J. Sampalo Lainz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) Jefe del Servicio de Informática Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena Tlf: 968-325717 / 5730 *************************************