On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 08:59:54PM +0700, Marendra Nutriaji wrote:
> Hi all,
> I use Freeradius 1.0.1 dialupadmin, and mysql under Fedora core 2, nad
> Using Patton 2960 as my Nas.
> Everything works fine, except when my user failed logging in with any
> reason, freeradius didnot  put those failed transactions into the
> database. and then how can i make freeradius put any events happen
> into the database when a user try to dial the number, ringing,
> authenticating, and then online or dead the connection. Like System
> Log.

FreeRADIUS can only log things that cause RADIUS packets to arrive
at the server. RADIUS Accounting (Start, Stop, Alive) should take
care of being online or dropping the connection. Until the user is
authenticating, FreeRADIUS isn't involved, so logging "ringing" is
not possible in FreeRADIUS.

To log good and bad logins, have a look at the postauth stuff in
the sql.conf, you can give it a query to run that is called from
the post-auth stanza in the configuration, so you can log whether
the login was good or bad, for example.

> is 'log_auth' does any good in this matter? i tried to uncomment it in
> radiusd.conf, but still not working

That affects the radius.log file, not the database.

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.