As for as the Bootstrap Daemon, it looks like it is only a plist file
that needs to be created in /etc/mach_init.d directory.  From my quick
look at the current .plist files in the directory, all that would need
to be created is a FreeRADIUS.plist file with the following as the
contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>ServiceName</key>
        <string>FreeRADIUS Server</string>
        <key>Command</key>
        <string>/usr/local/freeradius/sbin/rc.radiusd start</string>
        <key>OnDemand</key>
        <false/>
</dict>
</plist>

Now that OnDemand key is default to true according to the
documentation, but without actually testing in that configuration, I
would set the key to false to force the startup of the FreeRADIUS
daemon whenever the server starts up.  I'll test this out too.

Justin

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:44:12 -0700, Rich Battin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have set up FreeRADIUS on Mac OS X Server 10.3.8 and am looking for the best
> way to have the daemon startup when the server is rebooted without having a
> logged in user.
>
> From the archives I see there is still a patch necessary to run radiusd as a
> daemon on OS X, although I thought it was going to be incorporated last
> summer. Here are great instructions from Justin Guidroz
> <http://home.sw.rr.com/jguidroz/radius.html>.
>
> According to Apple's Developer website the use of StartupItems is being phased
> out and replaced with Bootstrap Daemons so I'm wondering if anyone has gotten
> that to work?
>
> <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/macosx/Conceptual/BPSystemStartup/Concepts/BootProcess.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20002130/CJBBICAB>
>
> Thanks,
> Rich