No go. I put in some additional debug statements and recompiled eap_leap and I'm seeing some interesting results. If I follow what is described below, the output from the call to eapleap_ntpwdhash()(eap_leap.c:198) is totally different if I revert back to using the LDAP ntPassword attribute with a valid octet string that starts with '0x'. The passwords used in each test are exactly the same so I would expect that the password to be hashed should be equivalent regardless of method. This isn't happening...

--Jason.