Message: 2
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:40:30 -0700 (MST)
From: Data Processing Fone Net <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Install Solaris9 - ver 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
To: freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org

Afternoon,

I can not get the 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 versions to compile on may Solaris 9 server.
I went to the FAQ's and archive to research past recommendations. I have installed all the recommended packages, updated the CPAN modules, installed all new gcc, make, ld and the like. I put on the newest patches for sol9. I have tried the standard ./configure, I tried on teh recommended ./configure in the archives and I am not able to get a build.

I remove the freeradius dir and untar the tar ball for each time I attempt to get a build completed.

Here is what I do get on the make and make install.  configure seems to be ok.

I am not the best or most knowledgeable when it comes to this so I do expect it is a simple problem that I have missed.

End of the make process:

make[6]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/freeradius-1.0.2/src/modules/rlm_unix'
Making static dynamic in rlm_x99_token...
make[6]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/freeradius-1.0.2/src/modules/rlm_x99_token'
gcc -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -I../../include -DX99_MODULE_NAME=\"rlm_x99_token\" -DFREERADIUS -c x99_rlm.c -o x99_rlm.o
In file included from x99_rlm.c:54:
x99.h:26:42: openssl/des.h: No such file or directory
In file included from x99_rlm.c:54:
msg trunkated.

on my Sol 9 box, i removed all references to x99 in the makefile and then it compiled just fine. But then, i didn't need that stuff so i was okay with that.

--
Terry J Fike Jr
System Administrator