What exactly does freeradius expect back?

For instance:

        authenticate_query = "SELECT Value,Attribute FROM
${authcheck_table} WHERE UserName = '%{User-Name}' AND ( Attribute =
 'User-Password' OR Attribute = 'Password' OR Attribute =
'Crypt-Password' ) ORDER BY Attribute DESC"

Or if I were to put a stored proccedure in there....

What exactly is it looking to get back?  It seems it wants the
password back so it can verify that the information the user entered
is correct... but:

A) How do I use a stored proccedure
B) How do I go about setting radius attributes through this?

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html