Yes, It is possible and I use it for authenticating routers and IP phones. These devices don't respond a login request with login/passwd.

a solution is, if your NAT supports it, put as login = device MAC address and as PASSWORD = nothing. Obviusly, your have to declare this user=MAC in radcheck, radreply, radgroupcheck tables as a normal user.

Hi All,

I am using radius for my personal wireless ISP venture.
I got some pre-paid cards used for long distance voice calls and I want
to use them for occasional wi-fi users. Though radius needs a
username/pwd pair for authentication they have only PIN printed on them.
Can I use these PINs as RADIUS username?
Each PIN is 16 digits long.

In short how can I make password un-necessary for RADIUS authentication?

Thanks,
Sagar