ROY wrote:

> > This version can be built in the 1.0.x source tree. It has been modified
> > to fix the detail file locking issue under heavy load. Since you are
> > running tests on radsqlrelay, I'd be grateful if I could receive some
> > feedback from you on this version.
>
> There were a lot off differences between v1.3 against your v1.1.2.4
> (code wise). I'm no C coder myself so I can't tell from the diff output
> what functionalities were changed. If there's a big advantage using the
> 1.1.2.4 I'd be happy to test it for you.

Under heavy load you can see the following error message many times in
the file /var/log/freeradius/radius.log

Error: rlm_detail: Failed to aquire filelock for
/var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail-relay, giving up

It's a known problem of radrelay, and it was reported on the mailing
list by different people. I've had exactly the same errors with
radsqlrelay (which shares a lot of code with radrelay).

http://lists.cistron.nl/archives/freeradius-users/2004/09/frm00877.html
http://lists.cistron.nl/archives/freeradius-users/2004/10/frm00864.html

The changes I made to radsqlrelay.c fix this. My own tests are OK, but
I'm interested to get other people's opinion. Even if you've never seen
the "Failed to aquire filelock" message, just tell me if the new version
works exactly like before. That will help, too.

--
Nicolas Baradakis