Michael Mitchell schrieb:

> I've found a few issues with the configure scripts in the
> past where
> things weren't quite right, but they've mostly been
> related to Solaris.

Actually, I think, this issue really is not about Solaris (although
that's where it's notoriously encountered [e.g. by myself] for
some reason), but about using static libraries (where link order
is more relevant than with shared libraries).
If that could be fixed (by passing the libs in the right order
 ["-lssl -lcrypto" instead of vice versa]) that would have the
additional benefit to enable you to recommend to use static
OpenSSL libs if a newer version is required for  FreeRadius
than is currently available on that system, thus eliminating the
nasty surprises of getting linked to wrong shared objects at
runtime.

        Regards,
               Stefan

-