Chan Min Wai wrote:

Vladimir wrote:

I am trying to get 802.1x authentication going for wired clients on our
LAN. I have been successul in using local password database to
authenticate 802.1x users however I haven't been able to get it going
with LDAP. Version of FreeRadius is Debian packaged 1.0.1-2. These are
I believe relevant snipets

Now I know how to answer this question :)

Password stored in LDAP have to be CLEAR TEXT
Remove the MD5 on the configure.

EAP denoted that Clear password need to be on the Server site.

So I can't use MD5 hashes for authentication ? Putting passwords in clear text for devices is doable but if down the line I want to authenticate users leaving their passwords in clear text doesn't sound like a good option. The switch apparently only supports EAP-MD5. What can be done ?