On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 13:19 +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:

> I want to collect the current allocate IP address and username into a
> separate MySql table - if it (the user (=key)) exists - update the IP,
> if the user does not exist, add user and IP.
>
> I (think that I) understand that I need to have a second instance of
> 'sql'..

Phew - it works.... (exactly as I documented :)

There are so many comments in the default radiusd.conf (and sql.conf)
that it can become confusing. Better in than out though...

Perhaps the default configs should use the full 'instance name' rather
than just 'sql' ?? I know that then there will be even more info in the
config file - but then adding multiple instances would be less dramatic
and more intuitive for others to do?

Someone also asked "why are you ignoring stop records",...

This is for ADSL in South Africa, where our Telcom Monopoly currently
refuses to give static IP's on ADSL services - and to make sure, drops
all connections as soon as they get to 24hours of age, making sure that
they get a new IP every 24 hours. Usually, most ADSL users who would
need a DDNS service try and make sur ethat their link goes back up
within seconds.. I'm intending to use the info as a 'free DDNS' for
those that authenticate via me, and having a "DNS Lookup OK, route to
host failed" is probably better than a "No DNS Record" - and quite
often, after the 24 hour drop, the IP is the same anyway...

Back to multiple instances... now I'm running another bunch of
connections to the same SQL Database..... perhaps a bit inefficient??
Maybe there should be some magical keyword that allows multiple
instances to the same Database to use the same "connections"??

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE