I had the same problem a few weeks ago. In fact the ldap wasn't returning
the user-password so it wasn't working. Chack with ldapsearch to make the
querry directly to the ldap as if you were the radius and I think that you
will see that the userpassword is not returned.

> rlm_ldap: bind as / to localhost:389
> rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
> rlm_ldap: Bind was successful
> rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=users,dc=gibraltar,dc=local, with

Make sure that the user/password in radiusd.conf for the user that will make
the search in the ldap is valid. I think that the radius is binding
anonymously on the ldap so it can read passwords. Another thing to note is
that you have to store passwords in clear text into the ldap.

        ldap {
                server = "myserver.mydomain.com"
                identity =
"cn=some_user_that_can_read_passwords_on_the_ldap"
                password = "password_for_this_user"

Regards,
--
Sebastien Cantos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>