On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Nick Bright wrote:

I have a rather large naslist.conf file, all configured to use
finger_type database. However, snmpfinger insists upon querying each and
every one as a cisco nas (they aren't, and i don't even have SNMP
priviledges on most of them).

Yes, there's a bug in user_finger.php3. Please do a cvs update on the file and things should work. Or you can just set general_finger_type to whatever value (apart from snmp) and still get the same results.

Thanks for noting that.

My naslist.conf file is "generated" by manipulating some spreadsheet stuff, so the lines for each nas aren't grouped together. I don't know if that is causing a problem or not.

However, my configuration for each nas is something like this:

nasX_name: nameofnas.%{general_domain}
nasX_model: Useful Description
nasX_type: other
nasX_port_num: 4096
nasX_community: rocomm
nasX_finger_type: database

The only variable here is the nasX_type field, which could be: other,
usrhiper, or lucent

The port_num field is appropriate for the NAS, or 4096 if it's a proxy
provider (outsourced dialup)

All nases are set for finger_type "database", so they shouldn't even be
firing off snmpfinger at all . . .

--
- Nick Bright
 Terraworld, Inc

-- Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center [EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece Work Phone: +30 210 7721861 'Go back to the shadow' Gandalf