On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Nick Bright wrote:

I'd like to start working on adding usrhiper support to snmpfinger,
since I'm going to be using a rather large USR Total Control.

What exactly is the snmpfinger command after? Usernames only? Other
information? From running the snmpwalk command out of the file against
one of my max units, it seems like it's just after usernames; but if I
can return more information than that, should I?

I'd like to set it up to return the maximum amount of usable
information. If there's a document I should read, please point me to it,
or just poop me up on this particular facet of things :)

snmpfinger is designed to return minimal information. It's purpose is to return the actual list of online users by querying the nas so that we can then use the list to query the accounting table for all the relevant information. It should return the list in the form 'user1',user2','user3' so that it can be used in a:
SELECT * FROM radacct WHERE UserName IN ($user_list);

--
- Nick Bright
 Terraworld, Inc

-- Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center [EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece Work Phone: +30 210 7721861 'Go back to the shadow' Gandalf