hmm, being quite database driven when talking about logs, that's indeed my
problem then ;)

> > Isn't there any variable I can use in sql.conf to log the
> messages I get
> > in radius.log ("Login incorrect Home server says so", "Auth: Outside
> > allowed timespan" etc.) in either radacct or radpostauth ?
>
>   No.  What needs to happen is that the server core "log" function
> needs to be updated to call a module for logging.  This is NOT part of
> the normal request processing.

I definitely won't mess around with the sourcecode, but it would be a really
nice feature for a future version to have this info available in a variable at
least in the post-auth query because it'd make a perfekt "Failed Auth" table
for the helpdesk.
I know about the log_badlogins from dialup_admin but it somehow broken, depends
on running through the radius.log with all the drawbacks (log-rotation,
probably performance..) and I'm no big friends of perl-scripts parsing logs to
fill a table more or less reliable with data that's already reliable &
available otherwise..
For now I can live with tail'ing the radius.log..

Michael

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html