I never said to use stunnel on the box with MySQL.
Use it on the box with Freeradius and dont use untested patches on what I take
is gonna be a production server.
Stunnel is very stable and reliable.
Anyway, I'd rather make SSL connection between two MySQL servers with database
replication and make your radius talk to the one local to it.
And be nice, "Yeah, right" is not something you say asking strangers for
advices.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:14:11 +0100
Wolfram Schlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * Marcin Jessa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-03-19 04:05]:
> > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 03:52:52 +0100 Wolfram Schlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > * Wolfram Schlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-03-17 00:55]:

> > > Ok, I have sat down and hacked something together, with a little help
> > > from a friend. I probably did something wrong or suboptimal (as I
> > > said, I am not a C coder), but at a first glance, it seems to work fine.
> > > Here's the patch:
> > >
> > >   http://dev.gentoo.org/~wschlich/src/freeradius-1.0.2-mysql-ssl.patch
> > >
> > > Please feel invited to test it and eventually fix any bugs you find :-)
> >
> > All you need is stunnel.
>
> Yeah, right -- because MySQL supports SSL right out of the box, I will
> use another piece of external software. EBADIDEA.
> With MySQL-4, there's no need for such a kludgy workaround anymore.
> --
> Wolfram Schlich

Regards,
M. Jessa