"Christian Reiter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i get the following error from FreeRADIUS (running in foreground mode)

  Foreground mode?  Whatever happened to debugging mode?

  In any case, the error is definitive:

>         rlm_chap: Using clear text password kernel for user christian
> authentication.
>         rlm_chap: Pasword check failed

  The clear-text password the server has doesn't match what he user
typed.

> If i use radtest it also works fine:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# radtest christian kernel 127.0.0.1 0 secret6

  Yes, because it doesn't do CHAP.  Read the packets!

> Where's the problem? I'm searching for hours, but can't locate the
> error.....

  Well, you didn't say which version of the server you're running, or
what OS you're running on.  My guess is that if everything else is OK,
you're using an older version of the server.  Upgrade to 1.0.2.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html