On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Jarred Cleem wrote:

I am setting up a test environment and I am having some problems. Any help would be great. I have the servers build very similarly to what is document at http://www.freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/ldap_howto.txt. I have created a few profiles like dialup, dsl, and isdn. I have the server working in the test environment and it seems to function very well. My question is how do I use profiles and still be able to pass specific attributes to the radius server that are dependent on the user. For example, if the user has been assigned a static IP address. Below is an example of an of the users file from the old Radius server that we are migrating off of.

default profile: An ldap entry holding radius attributes. Defined in the ldap module configuration and used in all cases
regular profile: An ldap entry holding radius attributes. Defined in the user entry as an attribute pointing to the dn of that entry. Used when authorizing that specific user.

user profile: The attributes contained in the user entry. These attributes take precedence to the attributes defined in the above profiles. So in general you can use default/regular profiles to define default attributes used in most cases and then define any user specific attributes inside each user's entry.

# Entry for Customer 1 dedicated dsl Customer1 Auth-Type = Local, Password = "xxxxxx" Service-Type = Framed-User, Framed-Protocol = PPP, Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.1.69, Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.252, Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen, Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp", Framed-MTU = 1500, Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP

# Entry for customer 2 dedicated dsl
Customer2 Auth-Type = Local, Password = "xxxxxxx"
       Service-Type = Framed-User,
       Framed-Protocol = PPP,
       Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.1.65,
       Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.252,
       Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
       Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp",
       Framed-MTU = 1500,
       Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP

# Entry for customer 3 dedicated dsl
Customer3 Auth-Type = Local, Password = "xxxxxx"
       Service-Type = Framed-User,
       Framed-Protocol = PPP,
       Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.1.177,
       Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.248,
       Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
       Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp",
       Framed-MTU = 1500,
       Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
       Fall-Through = Yes

DEFAULT Service-Type = Framed-User
       Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
       Framed-MTU = 576,
       Service-Type = Framed-User,
       Fall-Through = Yes

#
# Default for PPP: dynamic IP address, PPP mode, VJ-compression.
# NOTE: we do not use Hint = "PPP", since PPP might also be auto-detected
#       by the terminal server in which case there may not be a "P" suffix.
#       The terminal server sends "Framed-Protocol = PPP" for auto PPP.
#
DEFAULT Framed-Protocol = PPP
       Framed-Protocol = PPP,
       Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

#
# Default for CSLIP: dynamic IP address, SLIP mode, VJ-compression.
#
DEFAULT Hint = "CSLIP"
       Framed-Protocol = SLIP,
       Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

#
# Default for SLIP: dynamic IP address, SLIP mode.
#
DEFAULT Hint = "SLIP"
       Framed-Protocol = SLIP

--