Blake wrote:

Jason Frisvold wrote:

On Apr 4, 2005 4:08 PM, Blake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

OK,

More investigation - Found that there are two rpm's associated with
freeradius... I uninstalled the main one when I switched over to the
compiled version of freeradius but I failed to uninstall the
freeradius-mysql rpm. So, I did that now. And now the radiusd -X gives
me missing rlm_sql_mysql.so. I did a locate on that file and it is
indeed located in /usr/lib. Now what is the default directory that
freeradius looks for libs?

In this case I would suggest re-installing the compiled version..  It
may be that files got overwritten, configs munged, etc..

-Blake-

Are there compile options to include libs for mysql connectivity? I ask because when I compile again.. I still am missing that file. Perhaps it's time to just compleatly reinstall the OS - make sure that I am back to square one.

-Blake-

Well before you re-install (not that that is a bad thing)... hmm well i can't find the information in the docs regarding sql.. interesting... and I don't see anything specifically mysql linked in my configure script....

Are these the Freeradius RPMs you are using (not from this site specifically, but the link is incase you want it)

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/3/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/freeradius-1.0.1-1.i386.rpm
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/3/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/freeradius-mysql-1.0.1-1.i386.rpm

And here are the mysql RPMs default to fc3

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/3/i386/mysql-3.23.58-14.i386.rpm
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/3/i386/mysql-server-3.23.58-14.i386.rpm

For reference... unless you change a few things this is the default for interversion communication with mysql:

mysql3client -> mysql4server NO
mysql4client -> mysql3server YES

-Greg

-Greg