Richard Cotrina wrote:

When using Simultaneous-Use, after the session database (either
radutmp or sql) is checked, what is the "session id" value used by
checkrad ? Is it the value from Acct-Session-Id ?

I'm using sql to check Simultaneous-Use, and the radacct table only has a
column called "AcctSessionId" which refers to Acct-Session-Id attribute.

The trouble I'm having is that my NAS session id is different from
Acct-Session-Id logged by accounting, and that cause checkrad to not work
correctly.

I'm using a Cisco NAS, with "Login-User" sessions, which "Session IDs" can
be seen using "show aaa sessions" command. They have not the same values
stored in freeradius accounting in the attr Acct-Session-Id.

Any ideas on what could be wrong ?

Richard Cotrina

Doesn't it just look for "AcctStopTime = 0" and know the user is still logged in? (or no account stop packets have been received)

In sql.conf
# Uncomment simul_count_query to enable simultaneous use checking
simul_count_query = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ${acct_table1} WHERE UserName='%{SQL-User-Name}' AND AcctStopTime = 0"