Hi,
    The "Disallow anonymous simple bind" option "Prevents users from
logging
in to the LDAP server without specifying a username and password."

    In case of FreeRADIUS the ldap module does not perform an anonymous

bind so turning on this option should not create any problems. Could
you post
the complete debug message.

-Sayantan.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/07/05 3:11 AM >>>
Anyone have ideas on how to get freeradius to work with eDirectory when

"Disallow anonymous simple bind" is turned on?

I am getting:

rlm_ldap: could not start TLS Inappropriate authentication

When I turn on this option. I've attempted to authenticate with an ldap

browser as well. The LDAP browser I have though doesn't have a section
for
TLS and I do have require TLS turned on in eDirectory. Is there a TLS
capable ldap browser?

-d

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html